I read this book called The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. The author has come up with this plan called E.A.S.Y., which totally makes sense to me. However, it might be awhile before I can adhere to this plan. E = eat, A = activity, S = sleep, Y = you. Simple enough. The idea is to have some sort of activity or play time after eating so that kids don't associate eating with going right to sleep; if you stay on this cycle, there will always be some "you time". Millie isn't having any of it yet though; I spend a good 15 minutes trying to keep her awake WHILE she is eating. By the time she's through eating, I've given up and just let her fall back asleep. For example, this morning I tried some tummy time on her play mat, but somehow this always turns into naptime on the play mat. Here she is having a very happy dream:
This weekend we received her hospital pictures in the mail. When I agreed to have these pictures taken at the hospital, I had in mind the typical picture taken in the nursery and posted on hospital websites for the past 30 years. Nothing special, but for sentimental purposes, it's a must. We were shocked when the photographer showed up at our room and started arranging a backdrop on the bed for a full-blown photo shoot. We were skeptical, but after being shown the proofs in a very manipulative slideshow (dreamy music & tear-jerk quotes included), we were quick to shell out $130 for the pictures. I'm so glad we did though. Our camera wasn't cooperating at the hospital, and now we have several good pics of Camilla's second day of life, p.w. (post-womb). And as an added bonus, some of them are pretty comical because it looks like we've just checked our baby in to a health spa with her white robe on.
Next up is her 2 week checkup with the pediatrician on Wednesday. Her diarrhea hasn't gone away, so I just had a telephone chat with the nurse practicioner. She has no fever and no other symptoms; the nurse seems to think it could possibly be a milk protein allergy. Oh boy. I have a feeling I'm going to be banned from dairy products, which will leave John with the sole responsibility of polishing off the rest of the 20 gallons of ice cream we have in our freezer. (I was pretty fond of ice cream at the end of my pregnancy and would stock up on Ben & Jerry's pints every time I went to walmart.) Stay tuned.

A. I love that she has happy dreams! What a great pic of her!
ReplyDeleteB. I cracked up at the spa photo and comment! I just imagined her getting mani/pedi and facial...we can make that happen some day!
C. I will eat your ice cream if you can't. <3
congratulations! so excited you're blogging! I can't have dairy, and it's not the worst (not the best either...). anyway! yay! let me know when you're feeling up to it, and we can have a play date!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know that babies could have allergy issues when nursing... that's a new one! There were certainly certain foods I ate that made the girls gassy but geez! They'll get it all straightened out and strangely it isn't that hard to give up even favorite foods when you know it could be causing issues for them. Will text later this week about visiting again :)
ReplyDelete