Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Sunday, August 19, 2012

What's the opposite of Indian Summer?

Whatever it is, it's been here this past week.  We haven't hit 100 in at least a week, and the early morning time has felt so good during our walks and playground time.  Very thankful for this break in the heat so that we can play outside.  We were getting cabin fever.
 going for it!  yesterday, john said she climbed up this thing all by herself!
 pffftttttt (she is making this sound all the time now)

 momma's big feet
 holding the cell phone up to her ear...and she has her bracelet on ;)  such a girl...
Mills hasn't mastered looking behind her while walking yet...she let me ice her big goose egg for quite awhile (thanks to yo gabba gabba)
makes me think of Millie's planking
 sneaking up on Cayden at Little Gym
crazy how much stuff she can do at the gym now compared to 6 months ago!  she's climbing and running and having the best time...
 look at all those teeth!  she now has 8 teeth.
 kissing her baby (open-mouthed)
This had me cracking up for quite awhile.  Millie loves to take a seat on anything that is just her size, like stepstools or that little adirondack chair.  Apparently, she thought she could sit on the drum but didn't realize the top had to be on.  I was working at the kitchen table and heard her whine; when I looked over, I found her like this!  Is it terrible that I took a pic before rescuing her?! :)
I know I never really talk about the bad stuff when it comes to Mills.  Really, I think I do like most moms and just skim over it knowing whatever it is, it's probably a phase.  For example, we've had a couple of weeks of strange sleep issues - short naps, trouble going to sleep, super early morning wakings.  She's been teething, so it could be that.  She's been eating a ton, so might be a growth spurt.  Who knows.  I feel like I can't complain too much because she does sleep through the night 99% of the time (at least 7:30 - 5:30 anyway).  She also eats REALLY well.  For lunch and dinner, we've moved to all big people food now.  She loves roasted carrots, sweet potatoes, and green beans; lunchmeat turkey or chicken, Gerber graduates ravioli, baked chicken, whole wheat bagels, fresh fruit of almost any kind (no kiwi) but still especially cantaloupe and peaches.  This weekend, she has devoured a ton of cucumber and also some red bell pepper and tomatoes.  And I give her whatever we are having for dinner too....last week, she got down on some pot roast and veggies.  I'm just so so thankful that she's eating so much and hasn't seemed to be too picky.  See...it's things like this that make me skim over the sleeping issues...or those fits that she's started having.  I can tell she's getting frustrated and doesn't know what to do with herself; one minute she's fine and then all of a sudden she goes "no bones" and is writhing on the floor whining.  Thankfully we can distract her easily, so they only last a few seconds.  I have a feeling things are going to get more interesting around here though.

One last piece of news: we had Millie's heart doc checkup this week.  I don't think I've ever talked about this on here before, but Millie was born with two tiny holes in her heart.  One of them is extremely common and isn't even considered a heart defect; it has already closed up.  The other one still isn't closed; it is called a VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect)...a small hole in the lower chamber of the heart.  More than likely, it will close on its own in the next few years.  However, even if it doesn't, the cardiologist assures us it is nothing to worry about.  It is so small that it won't cause any problems, and it won't prevent her from playing sports or doing anything else she wants to do when she's older.  The cardiologist said they wouldn't even do a procedure to close it if it never closes on its own.  The only reason we will go back to the heart doc for the next few years is to see if it has closed and give us some piece of mind.

she thinks the armband at the doctor feels funny
seeing other kids in this children's hospital waiting room certainly makes us thankful she is so healthy...it is always a humbling experience

No comments:

Post a Comment