Potty training log (no pun intended): Day 5
It's going better than I expected, but I wouldn't consider her potty trained yet. Day 1 we went through 10 pairs of panties, what a mess. By Day 2, it started to click and she hasn't had a pee pee accident since before noon on Day 2. That's the great news! Pooping is apparently going to be a whole other story for her. She's having...issues. It's scaring her to go on the potty for some reason, and we are trying to figure out if maybe she needs a bit more fiber in her diet. Mommy did a terrible job of hiding her laughing yesterday...I was cleaning up dinner dishes and Mills ran off to potty on her own, then we hear her yelling for help. JKK got there first, but apparently not fast enough. There were some "logs" on the bathroom floor, and as I came around the corner with Syd, I busted out laughing. I don't think that helped matters, but it was just so unexpected...like we have a puppy that isn't housebroken yet. Anyhoo, the entire weekend was a tad tense, but I think overall Mills has handled the transition well. She does keep asking to leave the house though. I gave in yesterday afternoon and took her to chick-fil-a for an ice cream and some play time. She was thrilled to be out and we didn't have any accidents while away from home!
She's enjoyed putting stickers on her new potty chart, and I can tell she's proud of herself...she keeps saying she's a big girl that goes on the potty. ;) We are proud of her too! Good job, Mills! She also likes to pick out her panties. I bought 30 pairs of panties to start this journey: tinkerbell and fairies, cinderella, cupcakes, polka dots, rainbows...but the very first pair she wanted to wear on Day 1 was a pair with whales on them. I knew she'd love those. :)
Random funny video from this weekend that cracks me up...it has nothing to do with potty training: Proof that Syd will laugh at anything Millie does

No comments:
Post a Comment