This week has had the most perfect weather! I love this time of year. Millie and I have been taking advantage with our morning walks. It has felt so good to take our time getting out there without having to rush to beat the heat. Although...I'm not sure what is up with grasshopper population. Those things have been downright dangerous. We walk on a concrete walking trail that is surrounded by fields, and the grasshoppers have been flying in all directions when we pass. Yesterday, one landed on my hand and I definitely screamed. Today, two of them landed on the stroller and I was scared I was going to have to man-up and peel them off Millie, if it came to that. Thank goodness, they left the stroller on their own. Through it all, I would expect to see some sort of reaction out of Millie...however, she consistently has this look on our walks:
With the cooler weather, we've been bringing out some warmer clothes...
hello cardigans...
i know it isn't the correct terminology, but when i see this picture the word "pantaloons" comes to mind...
how cute is our millie bear in these teddy bear pj's? they fit so snugly so you can really see her shape.
Today the temp was back up in the 80's, so I took advantage and went out back for a little photo shoot before the grass is dead. The sun was a little too bright for Millie's eyes, so she was squinty. And since I didn't put sunblock on her, I made it super quick.
This past week, she has really discovered her hands. They are now in her mouth constantly (producing some serious drool)!
Other news in our household...our bookcases came in! John knew how much I wanted a bookcase, so for my birthday he put in serious research time and finally found some that I love. I'm so happy to have my books downstairs so I can lovingly stare at them from the comfort of my purple lazyboy. Thank you, Johnny, for a most perfect birthday present.
She is so pretty!! Those chubby cheeks are the best. Love the birthday gift, they look fantastic (and is that a ladder I see? awesome.)
ReplyDeleteI love the bookcases! Can't wait to see them!
ReplyDelete