Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Saturday, January 7, 2012

6 Months Old

Happy Half-Birthday, Camilla!!
one-week old:
 one-month old:
 two-months old:
 three-months old:
 four-months old:
 five-months old:
six-months old:
she was all over the place for this photo shoot
 toes in the mouth
 i love this look on her face

Yesterday was Camilla's 6-month pediatrician appointment.  3 immunization shots + 1 flu shot = 1 very sad baby.  John and I agreed that she recovered quickly from the shots this time though.  See below the usual picture where she shows off her band-aids.  Stats: 16.5" head circumference (40th percentile), 26 inches long (60th percentile), weight of 15lbs, 9oz (50th percentile).  Her ranking has dropped quite a bit in each of the categories; Dr. Averitt says not to worry because breastfed babies tend to peak early.  She said the charts were based on formula-fed babies, so it won't really be an accurate measure until she's a toddler.  Good to know because I was a little worried about her not growing that much since her last appointment two months ago.  Dr. Averitt is happy with her growth and the many milestones Millie has reached by this point.  In fact, Dr. Averitt called her precocious when Millie freaked about a stranger touching her.  She said it was a little early to be having stranger issues.  We already knew she's advanced though. :)


Dear sweet baby Camilla,

This has probably been my favorite month, so far!  It has been such a fun month full of several "firsts", and you've done so well taking it all in stride.  You're such a happy girl...always smiling and you let me cuddle you as much I want.  I'm not looking forward to the day when you want down and won't let me snuggle you.

This month you've started sitting up on your own, rolling over both ways, and eating fruits and veggies.  Oh, how you love to eat!  Thus far, you've had the following foods: avocado, sweet potatoes, apples, butternut squash, acorn squash, and pears.  The apples and pears are a little tart for your taste, so you make a funny face.  I think the sweet potatoes might be your favorite.  I thought you might have had a reaction to them at first with your face rash, but Dr. Averitt said it was probably just your skin reacting to having food and so much drool on it.  Thank goodness because you love those sweet potatoes!  I'm trying to make as much of your baby food as I can, but it is hard to find organic produce where we live (get on the ball Walmart!).  Therefore, I've had to mix in a few packages of organic baby foods as well.  I know these aren't bad for you, but I do believe that fresh is better.  We just got your high chair in this weekend, so I can't wait to see how you like it!


You're so so curious.  Much of your time is spent absorbing your surroundings.  When we go grocery shopping, you ride in the Ergo carrier and love to look around.  When we go for walks, you now ride facing front in the stroller (or dad wears the baby bjorn carrier facing out), which is much more interesting to you.  You're so quiet on these outings because you are so busy taking it all in, which in turn ends up wearing you out.  You take such great naps after any sort of outing.  You generally have no problem going to sleep for either naps or bedtime.  However, you never stay in your own bed for the entire night; you sleep so well in our bed with us.  You love the human contact and constantly reach out to touch us in bed or when you're getting your diaper changed...it's so sweet.


You definitely recognize mom and dad.  When one of us comes in the room, you'll give us a smile.  You smile a million times a day, but you are much more stingy with those laughs!  We can get you to laugh a little if we tickle you in the right spot though.  Here's a video: http://youtu.be/OtAKHLaGaL4

You're finally getting into reading a bit now.  You really like Goodnight Gorilla and Moo Baa La La La.  Goodnight Moon, Baby Faces, and If I Were a Kitten are some other favorites of the moment.  You still love your pacifier, standing up on our laps, the jumperoo, and watching/touching the pets.  You're generally unflappable.  It doesn't seem to bother you when you fall over from a sitting position; you just wait for one of us to sit you back up.  However, I did find out this week, since I've been battling a cold, that you don't like when mommy sneezes.  You also still don't like the car seat and tummy time, thus, no signs yet of crawling.

You're the best baby.  We laugh at you daily and kiss your sweet chubby cheeks constantly.  As the new year rolled over and your half-birthday was upon us, I know I can speak for both of us when I say we are so grateful you are in our lives.  We love you to the moon and back, Millie Bear, and we're so glad you're ours!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Milla! Lots of love, hugs, and kisses to you! I'm secretly waiting for a video when your mom puts sweet potatoes on your toes so you'll really go to town on those little toes. Mwah from Aunt Jamie. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete