Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Papa's Visit, plus...have you seen Millie's hair lately?!

Papa (my dad) came to visit this weekend!  It was the absolute best "sitting out on the deck" weather...so that's what we did all day (& night) Saturday.  I haven't seen dad in awhile, so it was really nice to visit and hang out with him.  He got in some millatime, and then we had some dad & daughter time Saturday evening while JKK was attending a wedding.  It was a lovely day...

Dad and John share a bit of a passion for cigars
 Buddy prefers to stay smoke-free
I wish I had been able to get some good video of these two playing peek-a-boo around the kitchen counter :)


This weekend, Millie was a bit whiny and not as playful as she normally is...later today we figured out why: poor Millie Bear is sick with a cold...runny nose, congestion and a fever. :(  We made it 10 months without her getting sick, but I knew with the Mother's Day Out and Little Gym exposure that she was bound to come down with something soon.
Camilla's hair is pretty weird now with all the different lengths...it gets even weirder when she runs her hands covered in food through her hair.
See how long it is on top?!  I've had to give up the bows & barrettes for the time being because she keeps pulling them out and sticking them in her mouth.  Choking hazard.

Also, something for the record book:  last weekend I took my first trip away from Millie.  I went to Dallas for the weekend to hang with my college girlfriends; it was much needed and much appreciated.  I am so lucky to have such a competent, loving husband whom Millie adores.  I definitely missed those two, but at least I knew she was in good hands!


No comments:

Post a Comment