Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Whew...what a week!

Let me lead with my favorite piece of artwork that Mills has brought home yet.  Last Thursday, I found this at the bottom of her bag...a letter "To: Dad and Mom".  JKK and I opened it together; I shed a few happy tears.  ;)
Friday was The Little Gym's Fall Festival!  Millie was a girl gnome this year.  Isn't she the cutest gnome you've ever seen?!  It sort of fit her personality perfectly.
A ton of kiddos dressed up in costume going crazy in the gym. It was a bit overwhelming for Mills...she did a lot of people-watching. 
 Miss Lyssa in the background dressed up as Alice in Wonderland
 poppa bear, millie bear, momma bear
 Amanda & Cayden were there too!
This is the only pic I have of them together, where Mills is squeezing his guns.  My camera has been a bit fritzy lately, so unfortunately for Amanda, I've been relying on her to get the good pics.
Random weirdness:  Buddy has had quite a bit of food in his fur lately.  I've found crusty cheerios in there, and then this piece of turkey ended up on his back one day after lunch.
 break out the winter gear!  it's hard to tell, but this is a kitty cat hat with ears and all.
 spontaneous peek-a-boo always happens when her hands are the dirtiest
 small peek
 big finish
Saturday, Mills and I started developing a bit of a cold...Sunday and Monday were no fun for our girl; she slept a lot.  She seemed to get over it pretty quickly though. We are definitely blessed with some very healthy immune systems in this house.  So so thankful for that.
Bonk!  Since Mills has been a tiny thing, JKK has always played the bonk game with her.  Basically, it is bumping foreheads and saying Bonk!.  Mills gets quite a kick out of it lately and has enjoyed playing it with the pets, as well.  Thankfully, they let her...
Yesterday was Halloween!  I made my favorite sugar cookies, dressed Mills up in her gnome gear, and we delivered them to JKK's work.
Then, we changed into gym clothes and headed to the Little Gym for a workout.  Millie cannot get enough of checking out her bellybutton these past few weeks.  Sometimes, she'll dig in hers and then head right over to the pets and assume the position of looking at their bottoms.  So...I'm wondering if she thinks their bellybuttons are on their back ends?? 
Yesterday, she could not get enough of sweet little Courtney.  She was all up in her personal space, but Courtney didn't seem to mind.
After dinner, Cayden came over so that we could photograph them in their skeleton jammies together.  As I said, my camera isn't working right, so all I have is my iPhone these days.  I didn't even try, since Amanda was snapping away with the nice camera.  I'll be sure to post a pic later.  I hope we get to do this every year. :)   Later that night, Mills enjoyed the trick-or-treaters.  She even handed out a few pieces herself.  And she learned how to stow some candy in her own bucket too.
So sad that we didn't get to see these guys last weekend due to our colds. :(  I can't help posting this pic though...Lacy and Oliver, aren't they darling?!


No comments:

Post a Comment