Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

20 Weeks (Halfway!)

On Sunday, I was officially 20 weeks pregnant; hard to believe we are already halfway there!  I love this pic because I'm halfway with baby girl #2 and this is also Millie Bear's half-birthday.
We've decided on a name for our precious new one...Sydney Diane.  Awwww....I just love it.  Diane is sort of a family name on my side.  I have an Aunt Diane (whom I adore) and my middle name is Dianne (two n's)...but we are just going with one 'n' for our Syd.  Funny story: when I went to OSU, the registrar's office messed up and put three n's in my name.  Wowza.  So we'll just keep it simple. ;)
It's been so fun to already have the name in place (we didn't decide until much later with Camilla); we now refer to her as Sydney most of the time.  We also tell Mills that baby Sydney is in my belly (and sometimes we have to say things like "stop kicking Sydney"...or "get off of Sydney").
Today, we had our 20 week doctor appointment and ultrasound.  This ultrasound re-confirmed that she is, indeed, a girl.  Full speed ahead on the nursery now. ;) 
Sydney looks healthy and is growing right on track.  I feel her move daily now...and she was quite active during the ultrasound.
 one arm above her head and one in front of her face
 tiny baby feet
I've been feeling great, and clearly I've been eating heartily.  The doc wasn't too proud of my 9 pound weight gain in one month.  Yikes!  Thank goodness the holidays are over and we can banish baked goods from our house to get back on track....and luckily, it looks like I've burned myself out on Pringles, so that shouldn't be a problem to give up either. ;)  Bring on the veggies...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful name-- I LOVE it! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name! And I adore the ultrasound pictures. I miss those (isn't that dumb?). You look beautiful Diannne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you all. Love the name. What are your plans for the nursery? Colors? I have a little project in mind for baby Sydney and wanted to try and coordinate with your nursery plans. Also have a small project in mind for Camilla. Does she have any favorite colors yet?

    ReplyDelete