Sydney is already one month old!
one week old:
versus one month old:
still has those deep blue/gray eyes
check out those toes...I wonder where she gets those from?!
This past week, Syd has really loved taking naps on her belly...hmmm, a love for tummy time and the car seat?? How much more opposite of Millie could she be?! :)
EAT/SLEEP:Syd is an excellent eater and has been since day one. She breastfeeds about every 3 hours during the day for approx. 15 minutes...I like how she's efficient and doesn't dawdle. She has given me several long stretches of sleep at night, but so far it has been sort of inconsistent. Last week, I had a night with a 6 hour stretch and the next night had a 5 hour stretch. However, the last few days she has been waking at night to feed every 3-4 hours. The saving grace is that she usually goes right back to sleep after eating in those early morning hours. I plan to start the pumping/bottle business later this week, so maybe JKK can take one of those fun early morning feeds on the weekends. Hurray!
Our girl likes a good, tight swaddle and her sleep sheep set to the womb setting. She currently sleeps in the rock-n-play sleeper in our room. I didn't even try the pack-n-play because every time we put her down flat during the day, she would spit up. I think a bit of an incline helps her keep her food down. She's pretty noisy with all of her grunting and baby noises, so I hope to move her to her crib by 2 months old.
Today, she had another quick checkup to discuss her possible milk protein sensitivity. (weight 9lbs, 1oz!) More diapers came back positive for blood in the stool, so the doctor wants me to eliminate even more dairy and cut back on eggs. Sigh. I've already cut out most dairy except for milk in my morning coffee. If you thought I was cranky in the mornings before...yikes. Good thing she's worth it. Next we'll check diapers again in 2 more weeks to see if that made any difference. After starting her on probiotics a couple of weeks ago and me eliminating most dairy items from my diet, I believe I've already seen improvement...so I hope this next step clears it up completely. If I have to start reading labels for casein and hidden milk products, I'm going to get overwhelmed pretty quick.
PLAY:
Not a ton of playing going on right now. ;) We have daily tummy time; she's lifting her head really well and turning it back and forth while on her belly. Other than that, diaper changes and bath time are really her only other activities at this point. She's not a big fan of that first plunge into the bath. She lets out a little shriek that is so sad, but then she settles in for the bath and is fine. She smiles a lot, but it is mostly in the first stage of sleep. I don't know what happy place she goes to in her REM cycle, but it must be full of rainbows and unicorns. I crack up on walks where she tries to sleep because each bump in the sidewalk resets her sleep cycle and she starts smiling all over again. Now that she's awake more, I do like to get down in her face and talk to her and a couple of times a day, I get a smile that way. Supposedly, they don't start social smiling until 6-8 weeks, but as you know, we have advanced babies in this household. :)
Dear sweet Syddles...our little prairie dog,
You are the most perfect and sweet baby. Your demeanor is so calm and relaxed; I hope this is a small peek into what you will be like when you are older. I know I need to come up with another adjective, but sweet just fits so perfectly. You look so angelic when you're sleeping, and your sweet little face looks so content. We adore your little prairie dog barks and squeaks, and I'm so thankful you're not a crier. You have been such an amazing addition to our household and you complete our family in such a perfect way. We are all enamored with you, Sydney...even Millie, who by all rights should be jealous, instead asks for you first thing in the morning. I can't wait to see you grow and change in this first year of your life...and I especially can't wait to see you develop a special relationship with your sister. Baby of mine, you are loved more than you'll ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment