Pizza time with Millie, Elle, and Cayden - Elle's mommy needed to run an errand, so miss Elle was with us for lunch. Let's just say...I don't think Cayden and Elle will be great friends when he returns from Brazil. ;)
Handsome Beck, with Millie licking her pizza in the background
Cayden. This is so Cayden. He cracks me up.
I don't know what it is about Beck, but Syd loves hugging on him. At least he lets her...
Playing doctor...Millie is listening to Cayden's heart with a badminton shuttlecock. yes, that's the correct terminology. and beckham cheeses for the camera now every time you pull it out for pics :)
goodbye hugs *sniff sniff*
Then we went to Denver. Then we had to say goodbye to Nana. Then the next morning, it was back to school time! Millie missed the first two days of 3 year old preschool because of our vacation. If you know me at all, you know this bothered me. She's no longer in Mother's Day Out, this is big time Preschool. However, I kept reminding myself that she's 3...it'll be fine. And it was! She was so excited to go, but since she hadn't met her teacher yet, she was a little leary about us leaving the classroom. I dodged tears by promising her that Ms. Kim would let her use scissors later that day. Then all of a sudden she was fine. What is it with scissors?! Anyhoo, when I picked her up that afternoon, she was in a great mood and said she had a great day. I think she's going to have a good year! Mrs. Kim seems like a great fit for her...very warm and patient. She's very experienced and will keep an eye on Mills, who is the youngest in the class. Not that she needs it. She seems so grown up lately...proud of her.
A random little note: this year, I'm using the PlanetBox lunch box for Mills. It's kind of like a puzzle. I'm sort of excited about the challenge. I don't get to use this piece of my brain very often these days.
Also on Thursday, it was Syd's open house for the mother's day out program. She will have two different classrooms and teachers this year (Ms. Erika, who taught Millie, and Ms. Bridget). I can already tell being the second child is going to make a huge difference. No tears or worries from this one. She's going to be just fine. She pretty much owned that place in the first 5 minutes. ;)
Then this awesomeness happened...
...and sometimes John and I crack up at stuff like this.
Friday was our summer babysitter, Natasha's last day. She's been here one or two mornings a week this summer to let me run errands and have a blessed moment to myself. It's been wonderful. Millie really enjoyed playing with her, and she's been great with both girls. Finally, we have a babysitter the girls know and trust...such a relief!
And she's good at getting Millie to take funny pics ;) On her last day, they made cupcakes together.
Friday afternoon, it was our last playdate with Grey before he moves to Memphis. I told Millie he was coming over to play, and she said "yayyy!"...and then I said he was going away and we wouldn't see him for a long time, and she said "I don't like Grey.". I think she's starting to understand what it means to say goodbye. I don't blame her for being grumpy.
This hug was a little forced, but I know she really loves him and will miss him.
Syd could not get enough of sweet baby Susie. A real life baby doll to play with! She kept trying to touch her eyes and take her paci.
Somehow before we went to Denver, Tracey and I managed to find time for a night out on our own. We met at The Little Gym when Millie was 7 mos old and Grey was 4 mos old. We knew immediately that we would be good friends and over the past couple of years we've both either been pregnant or breastfeeding and could rarely get in these nights out. I kept thinking there would be plenty of time in the future. At least we fit in one last hurrah before they left. I truly feel like we'll keep in touch and stay long distance friends. They will be missed. :(
We are all sort of exhausted and out of sorts in this house. The night before last we were playing upstairs after dinner and Pid Pid laid down on me like this...and fell asleep! It's been kind of crazy around here, so I'm glad to get back to the school routine. Syd's first day is Monday. I hope she loves it as much as Millie did. I know she will.
Yay for school...Booooo for goodbyes!













No comments:
Post a Comment