Millie has been back to school for two weeks now. So far, she's loving it! She is in Mrs. Lea's class this year, along with her bestie from last year, Hadleigh (aka Hads). Mrs. Lea is very strict and very organized. I think Mills will like the structure.
There was a bit of a mixup when I went to parent orientation and Millie didn't get the teacher I requested. There were tears. I felt it was so important for Millie to be ready for kindergarten next year, since she is the youngest in the class. She needed Mrs. Lea. So now she's in Mrs. Lea's class. The new principal was very understanding about all of it. I need to bake her a cake.
Note to future Millie: you can't demand that you get what you want all of the time, especially at your kid's school. The teachers may subconsciously take it out on your kids. I only did this for you because I felt it was really important. And take the teachers cookies often ;)
Night before school tradition...painting the nails. This was Syd's first time to have her nails painted. Look at her little precious chubby fingers.First day of Pre-K!
Syd's meet-the-teacher day went well. She has Mrs. Amanda this year and is in the same classroom as last year, so I think she feels comfortable. Tate's in her class too, which helps.
Millie started a week before Syd. This is the first day they got to go together. Millie is the best at helping Syd. She loves parading her around and showing her off. It's hilarious, yet makes me so proud.
Day one: I tried to send her to school without a paci. I sent her this little blankie from home. Ultimate fail. The teacher said she wouldn't lay down at nap and kept asking for her paci. In hindsight, it was a ridiculous move since we still use them for nap time at home. I was hoping to start the weaning process. However, day two didn't go any better, even though I actually sent the paci. She's used to sleeping in her crib at home. I think the nap mat business is messing her up. She's been a bit of a tired mess lately.
This is the note that was sent home the first day. I kept it out for 3 days looking at it. Now it's on the fridge. I love that she asked about me a lot. Momma's girl <3
Syd also got to start her Little Gym class this week. She was so excited...and so sweaty.
It's good to be back in the swing of things...









No comments:
Post a Comment