Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Friday, October 2, 2015

Currently

Wayyyy back before Labor Day, we met Coco and the boys at Natural Falls for a hike and picnic.  It was so fun!  Loved meeting in the middle to hang out for a few hours.  Won't be long before Dan is off to college, so we'll take what time we can get!  Look how cute they're being here and our girls refused to cooperate (and JKK too).
We love picnics!  And cheetos.
It was extremely humid that day.  Check out Syd's curls...
No caption needed for this pic.  Video: Millie strums to He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
Millie got all the X's on her pooping in the potty chart!

Off to Jump Zone to celebrate.  She was proud!
Random picture of Millie's "snuggly things".  She took this pic.  She adds to the pile of things she sleeps with weekly, so I try to sneak some things out of the house every once in a while.  She's having a hard time coming to terms with pink dolphin leaving her posse, even though I explained other kids around the world need toys too and we gave pink dolphin to one of them.
Labor Day weekend, we drove to Mimi and Papa's in Tulsa to pick up Nana and bring her home!  Look at Mills explaining something to Pa. ;)
We've really enjoyed having Nana here.  I know she thinks it's temporary, but we're probably going to force her to stay. ;)
Love spending the day with Mimi and Pa; wish we could do it more often <3
Syd had a bad fall into the corner of a bookcase....gave her a shiner.  I think it bruised really deep because she wouldn't let me wipe her face on that area for weeks.
Still loving Little Gym!
This time of the year has been so fun outside.  We play with the neighbors almost every afternoon.
A couple of weekends ago, we went camping at Devils Den with Papa and Grandma Tricia.  They got the girls some headlamps.  The pics crack me up.  Looks like something from Star Trek.
Mills figured out how to make hand shadows ;)
The gang on a hike!  We love it there...so many trees and actually feels like camping, even though we're sort of "glamping" these days.  Plus, you can hike to a playground, which the girls love.
So tall!
Papa made us some awesome camp food, and the girls loved going to look in their tent.
Thankful for these times to get the girls out in nature and away from TV!
Last week, we had our annual photog session with Amber Lanning.  We brought the minibus for something different.  Love the way these two previews turned out, even though Syd was clearly over it by this point.  Millie was cracking us up though, such a great little poser now.  Amber laughed that Millie thought this whole shoot was about her. ;)
Amber was so sweet to throw these up on Facebook the very next day, which she knew was our tenth wedding anniversary!
Without knowing she was going to do that, I posted this awesome shot that Midge took in Destin.  There was a whole lot of KK and JKK on the internet that day.  #sorrynotsorry
Nana to the rescue while we took off on our very first trip away from the girls!  We went to Napa for a few days, and it was heaven.  The weather was perfect and the wine was superb.  It was so great to spend time with my favorite guy.  Love him ten times more than I did ten years ago...
Most of the pics from the trip turned out like this...
...or this.  JKK doesn't like to make a fool of himself nearly as much as I do.
Nana did a wonderful job getting them off to school and entertaining them all weekend.  Turns out Syd picked up something at school on the first day we were gone and ended up developing pink eye and an ear infection.  We had a very teary FaceTime session on Saturday.  Broke my heart.
Millie learned that she loves to cook, so this week has all been about "helping" in the kitchen.  Thanks a lot, Nana. ;)
Aunt Coco came out on Saturday to hang out with the girls too, and look what she made for Millie!!  Her very own rainbow mittens.  Millie loves them.  I adore them.  How awesome!  Aunt Coco is the coolest.
This week it is finally cooling off.  Yesterday, the girls and I took a walk around the neighborhood.
 Syd was finally feeling better....
Millie was happy to be riding on her scooter...life was great.  Then her wheel caught on the sidewalk and she face-planted.  It was pretty awful.  She scraped up her face, fingers, hip, and elbow.  I felt so sorry for her.
Can you see her scraped up face?  Made me so sad to later find her shoulder all scraped up too when I was putting her to bed.  She's so small.   Her shoulders are so tiny.  Most of the time, I think she's such a big girl, but when she gets hurt like that I'm reminded of how young she is.  I hope I never have to see my girls seriously injured.  It may kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment