Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Milestones

My dad turned 60!  This is mostly how I remember him from my childhood - really hairy with baseball coach shorts on. ;)  He was an active and present dad...always out in the backyard playing catch with Brandon or coaching a team or even playing on a team himself.  He certainly wasn't lazy.  He kept our house and yard in immaculate shape, and he did not like it one bit if someone rode their bike in our yard.  He loved to camp and hunt.  He was an animal lover, and I've always loved that about him.  He let us have all the pets we wanted and he gave them love too.  He's easy to love because he so easily loves.  I realize I'm talking about him in the past tense, but only because I'm reminiscing...
Between the girls being silly and the sun shining in our eyes, it was hard to get a good pic.  This is more real life anyway, I suppose.  
We sure do love you, Papa!  More than we love cake...
A fun day celebrating my dad.  I love seeing him and Grandma Tricia with our girls.
Then we had a sleepover at Mimi & Pa's house so we could help celebrate Blake's 30th the next day.  Pa loves puzzles, and the girls love trying to help.  Papa is so funny when the girls are there.  He laughs all the time and gets a kick out of their energy and cartoons.  I enjoy the time with mom and Mimi (& the wine); we are all so comfortable there.  It's fun staying at Mimi & Pa's!
Early morning co-pilot trip to Target
A special treat while we shop...
...two minutes later, of course.  *sigh*
Oh my goodness, I love being around Blake.  Millie really loves being around Blake.  He's always smiling.  And he's a really good bowler.  It was so awesome to celebrate him, for once!
Syd was upset her face wasn't in the picture more ;)
Silly string shenanigans...can you see Millie hiding the can behind her back?  I think Blake had a really good day celebrating with family and friends!  We love you, Blaker!
Millie made this tiny teacup at school.  Cool, huh?
Syd is still hanging on to her naps, most days.  She can skip a nap every once in awhile, but it's hard on her.  Thankfully, she's great at napping with other things going on.  I'll go to pick her up from school and she'll still be snoozing with the lights on and kids playing all around her.  More often than not, she'll nap on our family bike rides too.  World class napper!
A local art studio has Friday fun nights for kids.  Millie loves seeing her friends she doesn't get to go to school with, and their giggling is out of control.  This pic cracks me up because these girls are 7 and 10 months older than Millie, respectively.  Our girl is going to be so tall!
Guess what?  Syd can skip!!  I remember this being a big deal when Millie could do it, and it's no less special with Syd.  She's so proud of herself and has been skipping every place we've gone this week.  It makes for slow-going but also makes me smile to watch her.

No comments:

Post a Comment