Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Friday, August 16, 2019

Nana Camp for the kids/Napa for the mommy and daddy

This year, for my big 40th birthday, I called in all favors with Nana.  She kept the girls for four days so that JKK and I could go play in Napa CA with our friends!
The girls were basically at sleepover camp for the whole weekend and were spoiled and loved on and taken care of so dearly.  They were having the time of their lives, which made us able to relax and enjoy the trip.  Thanks so much, Nana!
This was pretty much the theme of the trip.
My crew! Heath, Amanda, KK, JKK, Ashley, Midge, Ridge
Ashley and I have been friends since 2004 when we met at KPMG.  She lives in Austin, so I don't get to see her nearly as much as I'd like.  Wonderful how we can pick up right where we left off though!


While we were away, Nana had to take the girls to open house to meet their teachers and find out who is in their class.  It was all very exciting!
Dylan is in Millie's class this year!
And Syd gets another year with Sawyer!
See?  Spoiled.  Popsicles in the bubble bath.  Amazing.
Do you know where your weenus is??


I was surprised (twice) on the trip with birthday cupcakes!  I don't love being in the spotlight but it was such a sweet gesture.  I felt so loved and celebrated.  Thankful to have made so many great friends by this point in my life.  Grateful for this whole trip and celebration.  Grateful for time away with JKK. Grateful for Nana for keeping our girls safe and making it all possible.  

Day 2 = more wine!
The whole crew!  Ashley brought some friends from Austin to join us!
Lots of reflection while listening to the tour guides ramble on...we heard a lot of cool stories!

Couple pics!  I love these people.


More reflection ;)
In the meantime, Syd conquered this rock, which has never happened before!

Afternoon porch time was a daily must



Day 3 = more wine!
The caves were one of the coolest things to see

Nana cracked us up with her pictures.  Syd dabbling in the hosiery dept...
 ...close up! Hahahaha
More bubble baths...
...and silliness
And oh my!  The girls dream come true: a trip to Golden Corral
Ending the trip with a pig roast and lots of laughs - such a great time was had by all!
Clearly we have zero fun together...
...none.
In another part of the US, Christie was also turning 40.  She celebrated by climbing a mountain wearing a super cool wolf shirt, of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment