September weather is incredible. Yes, it still gets hot, but we also have a lot of perfect 75-85 degree days. Most of our September was spent outside, which makes us all so happy! The park across the street from the rent house got daily use for about a month. The girls are so good about remembering to put their masks on when other kids come around.
Lunch on the library veranda - so fun that it's close enough to ride our bikes!Syd refuses to wear this kitty mask again because it garnered so many comments! This kid does not want to be the center of attention (except for my attention). Look at this puppy dog that Mrs. Lamp taught her to draw!
Queen of the playground
My favorite Sydney face is when she's laughing
Another stellar Millie self-portrait
I put little drawings on the girls napkins in their lunch boxes and Syd ALWAYS writes a note back to me. Millie noticed and now she's doing it too <3
May and September are my favorite camping months! Here we go back to Devil's Den!
playing catch with this velcro ball/glove thing has been pretty fun for them - dad even makes it interesting with some cash bets
Who eats an entire bucket of steamed green beans?? Only one person I've ever met.
Have you EVER seen such a happy camper?!
It's so pretty down there in the Den. This is the dam area. Headed out on a hike!
We camped this weekend with lots of friends (& puppies)! Several of our old neighbors were there, so it was super fun for the girls. We've learned that Syd is the hiker and Millie doesn't love it. So sometimes it's just Marlowe and her family plus me and Syd. And that's okay, I won't force Millie to go most of the time because I know it's not her thing.
Aunt Coco also came! Look at this sweet puppy Jax
He was a big hit!
The hammocks are also a big hit
Charlie!
Back home again. We still read to Syd most nights. Millie is supposed to read to herself every night, but sometimes she likes to come listen. I love it when we are all together and peaceful like this.
I'm sure the girls will remember that I'm a big reader. I enjoy physically reading books but also listening to them. Audiobooks have helped me enjoy a lot of nonfiction, which for some reason is harder for me to sit down and actually read. I've listened to some really great parenting books over the years and this has been one of my favorites and most helpful. I'm really trying to stick to these tips when talking to the girls lately. Each new age brings a new phase - we are all still learning!
looking so silly and grown up
can't seem to find her unicorn tail
Lots of basketball practices this year. I like seeing the girls right after school for a bit of time before the players get there. They show me things and talk to me while I'm sweeping the gym floor. It's been special time for us.
And then they get some wind down time during practice ;)
JKK and KK's 15th wedding anniversary, where crystal is the traditional gift and we gifted each other a bottle of Cristal champagne = great minds think alike <3
For our anniversary night, we took the girls out to eat at our favorite outdoor place of late: Table at the Station. It is only one block from where our new house is being built. I picture this place in our future quite a bit!
Dylan sleepover! It's been awhile! Dylan has been virtual (homeschool) for quite awhile, so Millie was thrilled to be reunited!
cool chicks
It worked out well that the Syd's were having a sleepover of their own at Syd H.'s house on the same night! They worked hard on painting pumpkins and I'm pretty sure many rounds of Old Maid were played, as usual.
We took the big girls to Blu and then the Momentary
always dancing lately
finished products: werewolf and black cat...currently working on unicorns
Lily's fave spot, catching some sun
lots of Syd and mommy time after school since millie is taking three dance classes this year
proud of her shoe-tying skills, as she should be













































No comments:
Post a Comment