So we made it home from Wisconsin, but it was still super snowy here! We had virtual school the rest of the week, which was nice to just hang at home for a bit. The teachers were great about not giving them too much work and assigning some fun stuff to do....like this snow globe drawing that Syd had to follow along with on YouTube!
We miss these guys tho...More snow play!
This little lady missed us
She tried her own snow play, but decided against it
Millie's teacher assigned the making of snow ice cream. Don't mind if we do...
So easy and the girls loved it. Here's the recipe we used:
She always has her own style
In a truck stop somewhere in Illinois, we purchased a box of magic tricks. Syd was obsessed with wearing these billy bob teeth for a couple of weeks ;)
Finally able to read some Dr Seuss on her own...
...the rhyming silly words always make them laugh.
Oh snap! (literally) Picture day!
Love to find stuff like this
It's coming down! Progress.
Syd is really loving art lessons with Ms. Melanie.
beautiful work, Syd!
The girls still LOVE for our sitter Lexi to come. She snapped this pic of the girls tasting each other's ice cream. Millie always wants a taste of other people's...Syd never does. And (usually) Syd does NOT like eating after others. She's very particular about that these days.
Millie's teacher is great about posting pics. This is a day when they made homemade play-doh!
Found a neat pic of our current rent house on the builders website. Isn't it pretty? We have the half of the house on the right.Hat day! The girls are soooo excited here because they FINALLY get to have their valentines parties at school (rescheduled due to the snowmageddon).
Syd turned Millie's homemade play-doh into a beautiful rose!This selfie that millie took of herself is like the cutest thing I've ever seen.
After school = they were so happy to tell me about the parties and show me what they got. I love moments like this. So thankful I get to experience them by staying home and getting to take them and pick them up every day.
"We are poor, need candy"
Our toilet was smoking.
Syd still pulls out the old red glasses every once in awhile - so precious
Remember when Millie used to wear them?!
Read across America day at school
Millie got to read to younger kids at school
Syd got to listen to older kids read to her
The girls think it's so funny that I can do this with my top lip.
"Hey, what is up?" - Syd art
Finally a sleepover with Dylan. It's been months!
Dinner outdoors at our current fave - Table At The Station
A special playdate for the Syds: a trip to War Eagle to gem pan, explore caves, and spend the day together!
Later that night, our Syd was cleaning and logging her rock collection like a typical type A ;)
no doubt begging for food - look at that whiny face
Aunt Leann sent a special surprise box of cookies to decorate with royal icing. It came with a link to follow along with a video. They were hard, but it was a fun challenge!
Sometimes when Syd is at art lessons, we can meet at the nearby brewery. We should definitely do this more often.
Bubble tea has been all the rage for these girls this year. This is one of Syd's assignments.
Flashback to baby Syd! Awwwww
An excerpt from The Four Winds about mothers and daughters <3
In early March, my good friend Emily and I flew to Nevada for a quick hiking weekend. It was a bit colder than we hoped, but man, it was beautiful! A rainbow sighting to start!
Valley of the Fire State Park was gorgeous! I love this desert landscape (it reminds me of going to see my grandma in Arizona and I like thinking of her <3). There were so many colors in the rocks here - the pics do not do it justice.
We saw lots of petroglyphs!
These rock formations were called beehives. Neat, huh?
Coyote sighting!
Our hotel was super cool and we would've LOVED to sit by the pool if it had been warmer. We did sit outside to read in blessed silence for awhile by a fire.
While I was gone, Syd got the Terrific Kid award in the monthly school assembly!
Daddy took them out for special ice cream to celebrate after school!Can you believe this monstrosity??
Another day, another hike. This one was long and dry, thankfully. I find it so satisfying to finish a long hike. I love Mother Nature.
cutest pic of the trip ;)end of hike reward
Ahhhh back home in time for Sunday brunch with my favorite people. Syd still struggles so much with me leaving. I'm convinced it's because we ripped her from the womb too soon.
Missed them so...Mid-march the girls had one week of virtual school, followed by another week of Spring Break. Some days were nice enough for the park. Other days were freezing. March is a tricky month!
Oh my goodness, look at this ponytail!
the Fab Four meeting up on the Coler trail
While Millie is at Sage's for a sleepover, the Syds are with me for an afternoon playdate. Table at the Station lunch with plenty of park time.
Followed by spark cafe, of course
Someone talked me into a double sleepover, but the second night was at our place. I'm such a sucker. Since we were to eat dinner at Nana's that evening, Sage just came along with us!We played a little yard Yahtzee, where Millie ended up getting mad and quitting early. wah wahhhh
St Patrick's Day bagels to start our lucky day!
Funny story: I left my kids in the car while I had my teeth cleaned. Yes, I know that's a long time, but they were watching a movie and knew they come come inside to get me at any time. Apparently, I'm not needed tho...I come out to find Syd has pulled one of her front teeth! Ack! She was totally cool about it. Millie showed me all of the bloody Kleenex in the trash can, and I was like okay great...let's roll!
So we stopped at their favorite park in Springdale
Lots of memories here
And of course, we got shamrock shakes from McDonald's to celebrate the day!
Syd left this note for the tooth fairy, and honestly, I guess it never hurts to ask. She got $10, instead of the normal $5.
First time back at the trampoline park in a year. The girls were in heaven! And I've never seen them so worn out. We should definitely do this more often...
Our friends The O'Rourkes got a hot tub and the girls ain't mad about it.
Millie sees all of these teen girls on YouTube and Tik Tok with super long fake nails. She spent some of her own money on these blue talons that had to be applied with glue. So I made her wait until spring break, since I knew she couldn't navigate school in those things.
We had some commitments on spring break this year that we couldn't miss, so instead of a nice beach vacation that we had all dreamed of, we went to Tulsa for the weekend. We had fun though! We stayed downtown and made a great weekend of it.
We introduced the girls to The Melting Pot fondue restaurant and they loved it! Nothing beats the cheese and chocolate.
Those nails came in handy
yum
We had a little hotel downtime, and the girls even swam a bit. Sidenote: there must've been a ton of chlorine because this is the first time Syd's hair has turned green!
Early morning Gathering Place is the best. Not crowded and the girls can play so hard!
She has so much joy in her. I love her.
I may be old but I can still jump off a swing. Sort of. If it's not going too high.
Where it all began = the ONEOK building in downtown Tulsa. Where KK and JKK met working at KPMG in 2002.
To continue our walk down memory lane, we had lunch and frozen margs at Mexicali - felt just like the summer of 2003!
It's so funny when kids lose those big teeth...she looks like a tiny hillbilly. So cute.
Saturday cookout at Papa's to celebrate Grandma Tricia's bday...and finally do Christmas!
My dad hand painted these boxes for the girls. So special. The girls loved them! Syd's has a flower
Millie's has a little scooter!
All of Tricia's kids and grandkids made it to the party!
Cozy is Millie's love language, so getting a blanket for Christmas is perfect
Oh my Lordy, Grandma Tricia crocheted these blankets for the girls. Incredible. I love homemade gifts. These were a home run and the girls have slept with them every night since!
We haven't seen these peeps much over the last year, so it was good to hangout!
Good ol RockyHillery is having a baby boy - due in August! Vinny's gonna be a big brother!
River decided she really liked hanging out with Syd
Maya <3
Baby Tripp - Syd is good with the babies
The sun was so bright ;)
bubbles with Cheston and River
Jocelynn is the sweetest
A great day!
Last day in T-town, we went to the zoo! Syd let me braid her hair, which I love
Guess who was the most excited?! He doesn't understand my love of the zoo.
So happy to be back at one of our favorite places!
We met one of my high school buddies, Randy, and his kiddo Otis there at the zoo
You're never too grown up for a carousel!
Christie was in town with her parents, so she also came out for the day. Christie, Randy, and I all went to Mannford Schools for our entire 13 years together!
Millie is always the coolest
Millie's boat. Always. No one else gets to drive.
The sea lions are my fave
Syd was so good with Otis, helping him and showing him things
Syd's fave was the penguins
framer
Last thing was the zoo train!
Somebunny was tired...also, getting tired of those claws by this point
Got my baby snuggle fix in that day
Headed home with our new friends and blankets!And then in true Spring Break tradition, it turned freezing cold. This is why I want to plan a vacay next year for spring break!
Oh hey, remember this from 2012??
Well look at them now, 8 years later! JKK and I had to be vaccinated at a Hunt clinic, and the girls had to come with us since it was spring break. It was fun to see JKK's new fancy office! We are so proud of him.Checking out the million mile driver names. Hunt does a great job of celebrating their drivers! I think it's good for the girls to see where daddy works and it helps them appreciate it more.
Fun spring break surprise: Kendyl came for a visit!
Nana got to swap out pregnant cats because the other one got sick. So now she has Willow...patiently waiting for kittens!Mini golf playdate with friends
The babies: Syd and Beck both have missing front teeth
two peas in a pod, Mills and Cayden
We let these two introverts go off by themselves with Syd H.'s mom.
sno cones after, of course
Syd has become my little reader. She found a book series that she is plowing through. Makes me so happy.
Classic Millie loves to have her nails done but isn't patient enough to let them dry! MILLIE! They were a wreck after all of Kendyl's hard work.
It was a chilly week, so we stayed inside a lot and played games and puzzles.Papa came for breakfast and to drive her back to Oklahoma and her mom.
Quick overnight getaway for KK and JKK to attend Marcy's wedding in Oklahoma!
Almost the whole group of OSU girls made it, and it was so funny taking pics because Marcy was actually taking pics on a hill behind us!
She looked beautiful and had the best night! So happy for her and her new husband Ben (which I sadly didn't get a pic of them together).And so happy to see my Bekah.
My girls! We have so much fun together.
While we were gone, Nana continued to be awesome and let the girls do some fun paint by number kits. Nana continues to be Wonder Woman, even when she's feeling terrible from her vaccination shot. We are thankful for her and her love of our girls!

Syd: "Mom, do you think I'm holding up my middle finger?" (we will never know) This is her ornery face.
Life skills: learning to open a bottle of wine. Check!































































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment