Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Monday, February 12, 2024

August 2022

 The house is continuing to come along.  Excited to see the stairs go in!



Sister Roblox time
Trying to make this guy a "go-along" dog.
Fab Four snocones
so chic
I can't remember what this special breakfast was for...probably an early morning appt.  One-on-one time is always nice!
Look at this sweet baby!
Look at these nails!
We are all continuing to melt.  Have to get outside early.
Dad does this funny thing with his glasses that stretches his eyes and makes us laugh.
His little paws hold the bone
Birthday flowers!
more beautiful nails with Charlotte
uh-oh
Date night with Emily and Paul
Mom's 43rd Birthday!
The Blue Hole with the O'Rourkes - kids love it so much



Paul always the FASHION
Random pics with the nearby Haunted House that won't run until October.  All four of these kids would back out of going in anyway...

Theo getting a warm welcome to the fam this summer.  If only he didn't bark so much...
Six pounds of romping stomping wildcat
My friend sent me this pic from the tower bar across the street from our build.  Looking good!

OHMS Open House: Time to see what 6th grade classes will be.  Hoping Harper is in the same classes!  Mills was very nervous, but I didn't pick up on that right away.  I was annoyed she was acting so strangely until I figured it out.  I thought Millie would be her usual confident self walking into a school she knows so well.  A lot of parenting has been mind-blowing lately.
Mom's birthday present was tickets to see One Republic at The Amp!  It was a fun concert!
She loves them ;)
Big Boy's first day at Hounds Hideaway (doggy daycare).  The trainer suggested putting him in at least once a week to get socialized.  He's so fearful of other dogs (and people and bikes and suitcases) on our walks.  I picked him up that afternoon and he was dead.  
You can see pictures of his day online.  He had to wear this red bandana the first time to show he was new.  he looks a bit scared.  
He's in the mellows class and everyone, indeed, looks very mellow.  Pretty sure that dog on the right is blind.  Hopefully a good experience for him.
The blazing heat continues.  Early walk to see the koi pond at orchards park.
This silly goose will still go out to eat with us some.  The other child is starting to refuse.
My bday present was a round of golf.  I want to learn!  JKK took me out early on a beautiful august morning to see what it was like.  It's hard!  I loved it.  Not really great timing to learn this sport since it takes so much time.  Will have to be patient.  I imagine it will be great for us in retirement tho.

This guy was enjoying the course that morning too.
Cinnamon toast was my favorite childhood breakfast.  Baggy prefers salty to sweet.
OMG first day of fourth and sixth grades!
Walking to school the first day, we brought Theo along.  He can't make it the whole way though, so he rides some.  Helps to prevent the barking.

Baggy and Theo starting to play a bit.  She's so much bigger tho ;)
Papa came down for a quick visit!  We enjoyed hanging out until we picked up the kids from school together.

so wittle


Loves this morning walk to school routine.

His hairy paws make me laugh.  Sometimes in the car he holds on to the console...
Still not too old for dress-up at nana's!


Our favorite restaurant downtown has an annual fried chicken, caviar, and champagne night that is to die for!


It's gonna be a good year!
The calm nature of millie in her favorite spot draws the animals
Ope!  Aunt Midge in town for a few days.  We love to hang at the Blake St pool while the kids are in school.




looks normal enough...
...but hahaha, she's going down!
first pup cup

Trying to stay active in the heat is tough!  It requires a lot of bargaining 



He continues to be dead tired on doggy daycare days.  So cute!
Mom trip!  Went to see Christie for a special hike in Washington.  I flew into Portland and we road-tripped up to Washington with Spence working away in the backseat.  
We made it to Leavenworth - a fun Bavarian style town!
A nice way to end a long road trip. It was a bit cold for this southerner.
My quarters for the new couple of days!
These two are experts, so it's great to go camping/hiking with them.  I feel safe and prepared, and I also know I'm going to see some pretty epic stuff.  It's for sure my happy place.  If only jkk was here...
Starting out early!  We decided to come hike to Colchuck Lake.  It has a bit of a history for Christie and Spence, as their friend Adam had a climbing accident here and perished on the mountain several years ago.  So while I was excited to see such a beautiful place, it also holds a very important place in their hearts and must be respectful of the feelings it conjures.
It was a TOUGH hike.  Mostly going up the whole way.  Pretty rocky.

When you get to the top and see THIS, it's absolutely unbelievable.  Nature man.  So incredible.
Mountain goat sighting!
We had to hike quite a bit longer to skirt around the lake to avoid the crowds.  It was a bit mentally challenging but worth it.  This is where we chilled for a couple of hours: napped, snacks, coffee, reset.  



It was such a long day with no cell service that JKK was quite annoyed with me when we resurfaced.  But I'm alive!  Thankful I got to experience this day with them.  The next day we embarked on our journey back to Portland.  It involved some wine tasting and sight seeing.


Meanwhile back home...Dad takes Millie to a scary movie!
Dad goes for the Simba move with Theo!
Syd meets me at the baggage claim and loves the little owl I found for her on the trip!
Classic Millie face at this age.
Back home and back to the routine!
Owl in a pocket.

Theo likes for me to lift him up to see while driving.  
My friend Katie turns 40!
Syd's friend took her to the Washington county fair!  Success.
Millie celebrating a school win with a treat.




No comments:

Post a Comment