Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Monday, December 5, 2011

Trip to Mimi and Pa's

A few days ago, Millie & I traveled to Tulsa to pick up my mom from the airport.  That night we got to stay overnight at Mimi & Pa's, where we also spent time with Cathy & Dina (Larry & Blaker even made an appearance).  It was pretty awesome to see everyone; we don't get to spend time with family enough these days.  This trip was kind of a big deal since Millie HATES the car seat...I was so nervous of a meltdown on the way to Tulsa.  Also a big deal since this was our first trip away from home without dad.  All went smoothly though and we were home by the next afternoon. 

Mom's flight was a little delayed, so I had fun with pics while we waited.  There is a big advertisement for the Tulsa Zoo at the airport; here with are with a rather large chimp.  Side note:  I can't wait to go to the Tulsa Zoo with Millie; it is one of my very favorite places in the whole wide world!


 We finally see Nana coming out of the terminal!

Four generations: Mimi, Mom, KK, Millie & Pa

Aunt Cathy & Mimi

Aunt Dina

Goodness, do you realize how much stuff you have to pack for an overnight trip with a baby?!  The car was full!  I even had to pack the bumbo and her cereal for the morning.  She is loving the cereal! 

Since we were the first ones up, Mimi got in some special morning loving and even got to feed her a bottle

KK loves her Pa

This was hilarious...mom put Millie on Pa's leg to "ride the horsey".  Millie just latched right on...

It was a really special trip.  In the beginning, I was a little worried about Millie's new fear of strangers, but you can tell by the pics she warmed up to everyone pretty quickly.  Since then, we've enjoyed having Nana here at our house for a few days.  We're doing Christmas with her early, so I'll be posting about that later on this week.  Happy Holiday Season!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing that pictures of Mille riding the horsey, really makes me want to try that with Cayden!!

    ReplyDelete