Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sleep Training: Part Deux

It has been 10 days since I attended a book club meeting at Erin Taylor's house.  And these past 10 days have been gloriously full of much needed sleep!  As I was leaving her house (the first to leave because I was exhausted and going home to bed), someone asked if Millie was sleeping through the night and I just laughed.  We got into 10 minute discussion regarding sleep training, and by the end, I was jazzed about getting home to try some new tricks.  These fellow mothers gave me the confidence to come home and let my baby cry (gasp!).  I have been so afraid of the cry-it-out method that I haven't let her cry at all.  I came home that Friday night and discussed it with John, and the next time Millie woke up, I went in to put her pacifier back in and comfort her...and then I left the room.  She cried for awhile and then went back to sleep and didn't wake up until the next morning.  The next day for naps, we did the same thing and by Saturday night, she was used to the routine.  She doesn't like that I leave her in her crib to go to sleep on her own (I put her down drowsy but technically awake), but she will only cry for a few seconds and then rolls over to sleep.  It's almost like she was really ready for this step.  It has taught her to go back to sleep on her own; she is sleeping through the night now and usually gets up around 5am where we have to go in and make her lay back down.  Around 6:30am, she is ready to get up for the day.  Yes, this is still early, but I'll take it!  It has been the best week.  We've all gotten more sleep and her routine is running smoothly and pretty much on time every day now.  I love it...it's keeping me sane!  And since it has been 10 days, I feel confident in saying that it isn't just a fluke. ;)

To celebrate, she got a new toy...she loves pushing it around while practicing walking

It can also be turned into a riding toy for when she's older (or now for photo ops)

Next up: getting rid of the pacifier!

No comments:

Post a Comment