Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Currently

I've been getting pretty desperate to figure out ways to get Syd to nap again after all of this rolling over business started...
I tried for 2 days to get her to nap flat on her back and she wasn't having it.  Refused to sleep on her back and cried the entire time.  So here we are again...tummy napping.  I have to use a blanket as a roadblock to prevent her from rolling over while going to sleep, then I move it once she's down.  It's working well...for the moment.
 
Yesterday, she took a 3.5 hour nap!  And woke up like this :)
Syd isn't very good at selfie pics
Millie, on the other hand, can rock a selfie
We've been enjoying the indoor playground Little Giggles on Friday mornings.  Mills is so considerate to let baby slide first...
She's very into hand holding lately.  I think Cayden goes along with it to keep her from screaming.
MDO news: when I picked Mills up from school on Thursday, her teacher told me two things: 1) she walked around all day holding Mason's hand.  Watch out, Sawyer, there's a new kid in town. 2) she went pee pee in the potty!!  We haven't been working on this at all, but she's been slowly showing some signs that she's interested.  I know she still isn't quite ready to be potty-trained, but apparently watching the other kids go in the big potty at school is going to help us out in this area.
Papa came to visit Friday night.  Millie walked around all day saying Papa Papa Papa...showing him stuff and having him play with her.  She kept him pretty busy.
Syd enjoyed some whisker kisses...reminds me of my own Papa
JKK wasn't home to do Millie's bedtime routine Friday night, so Syd got in on the reading action.  I think they both enjoyed it. ;)  I love how Millie is just accepting Syd into her life and not getting jealous.  I'm so proud of her on a daily basis.
Today, we had a 1st birthday party to go to at a neighbor's house...you can see I'm looking at Mills like she's the silliest thing I've ever seen.  And she is...
She couldn't see the bday boy going after the cake, so daddy gave her a lift...he's nice like that.
Last weekend, Sawyer brought us some peaches from his grandparents peach farm.  FYI - Paula Deen's peach cobbler recipe is easy and super yummy.
Beck & Syd!  Sad news: Amanda's hubby has a job that is taking them to Brazil for 3 years beginning in January 2014.  Millie is going to be heartbroken to say goodbye to Cayden, and I'm sad that Beck and Syd won't get these next few years together to form the same kind of bond.  But I'm trying to look at the positives and they will be back before Mills & Cayden go to kindergarten, so I'm sure the kids will pick up right where they left off.  Plus, they get to live in a beautiful South American country for these next few years, so it will be exciting for them and I'm sure it will fly by.  In the meantime, we are trying to spend as much time as possible with them this fall.  Can't wait to take these four to the pumpkin patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment