Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Monday, January 13, 2014

Goodbye, Bubba

John's father, Bill, passed away unexpectedly last week.  I've always known him as "Bubba", his endearing grandparent moniker, and I've enjoyed watching him interact with his grandkids (8 total!).  Although we didn't get to see him often, he more than made up for the lack of quantity with quality time.  He was such a loving grandfather with our girls and was often referred to as the baby whisperer.  He just had a way...babies loved him.  His love of history also made for interesting conversation; he was full of good trivia, an avid reader, and passionate about continuing to learn.  This past year, we were very fortunate to have him be a part of some special moments in our lives.  In June, he came to Millie's 2nd birthday party and loved on Syd the whole time.  He also came back in September to stay the weekend with JKK, Coco, and the girls, while I flew to LA for a wedding.  I'm so thankful our girls were able to know Bubba and his big heart.  He will be greatly missed.















1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about JKK's dad. Please give him a big hug for us. I know Bubba will be greatly missed. We miss you guys and love keeping up with all of you on the blog.

    ReplyDelete