- Whenever she wakes up, the first thing she always says is "I heard something" when we go in to pick her up. Then when asked, she'll elaborate - she'll say she heard the wind or the rain or a truck. We laugh pretty often at how she's always "hearing something".
- She still loves to watch Little Bear, and one of the episodes is about how Little Bear is scared of the wind. She loves to watch this episode, even though she hides her face a lot. She'll ask to watch "da WIND" (big emphasis on the word 'wind').
- She may turn out to be an adrenaline junkie because she loves to be scared. She likes to watch this old Care Bears movie that has a green ghost in it. She hides her face in Blankie and gives herself little pep talks: "it's okay, it's okay, it's just a ghost...it's just on TV...can't hurt you". I should probably delete it from the iPad because I'm not sure it's okay for her to be scared like that...I don't want her to have nightmares (like I did for years after watching Gremlins).
- She's also really good at consoling Syd by saying "it's okay, Millie's here". Awwww
- She starts most sentences with "well..." or "how about..." or a simple "not today...".
- Me: Millie, what do you want for lunch?
- Millie: Welllll...how about a peanut butter honey sammich? (or mac-n-cheese, her new favorite thing in the world)
- Me: Millie, time to turn off the iPad.
- Millie: How about...2 more minutes??
- Me: Millie, let's eat some breakfast.
- Millie: How about CANDY?! (with a hopeful grin)
- Me: Millie, let's go get ready for school.
- Millie: Not today... (said in the most pleasant voice)
she's been my baking buddy lately
- When we drive to school, we pass a Dressing Stable that usually has horses out grazing. Sometimes, if it is really cold, these horses will be wearing blankets. Last week, when we drove by, Millie shouted: "Mom, look a donkey in a jacket!!".
- Also on the way to school, we see a field with cows. It's a large field, and sometimes the cows are over a hill or in the trees where we can't see them. One day when they were out of view, I asked Millie where the cows went. She replied "don't worry mom, we'll find them".
- We heard her on the play phone saying "yeah, that's a good idea...".
- She rarely cusses anymore and has moved on to saying "oh my goodness" or "holy moly"...or sometimes "gosh dammit". It's a work in progress.
- Recently, I asked her to get me a washcloth from the bathroom and she replied "no, it's dark in there". Guess that's starting up...
- Whenever she wants to ride on JKK's shoulders, she asks to "ride the head".
- Currently, I think our favorite thing that she does is give random compliments. Today, she told me she liked my dress (I wasn't wearing a dress...I think she's confused on what a dress is). She'll tell JKK she likes his pants or shoes; she'll compliment Syd on her pajamas. A couple of weeks ago, we took Beansie to the groomers and told Millie she had a bath. When we brought Beansie home, Millie said "Beansie, I like your hair!"...we absolutely died laughing.
A talking 2 year old is one of the funniest things on the planet. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment