Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Monday, March 3, 2014

Snow Days in March

We've been snowed in...again.  I'm not even angry about it, just resigned.  I'm destined to be stuck in this house with these kids...FOREVER.  The worst thing about being snowed in: Cayden no longer lives in our neighborhood.  We have no one to play with, and that includes me. ;)  Hurry up Springtime!

I won't be able to do these double airplane rides for much longer...
...they're getting a bit heavy :)
Today, I broke out the tunnel to spice it up a bit, but I couldn't get Syd to go through it.
We also baked cookies today!  Millie is turning into such a great helper (and spoon licker)
This is what our Sunday snow day looked like.  These pics crack me up.  Daddy's such a good sport.
Can't keep clothes on Millie these days!
She's not okay with clothes, but for some reason, accessories she can handle.
Mills is going through a strange time at Little Gym.  The past month she hasn't really been into it and asks to leave throughout the class.  She usually is wearing this lovely look on her face and won't mind the teacher...and we usually end up heading out early.  Maybe she's outgrowing it.  Sad.
Syd is everywhere, all the time now.  I keep thinking I should put up the baby gate corral, but I'm lazy and don't want to hear Millie whine about being lifted in and out of it.  Thus, I've been trying to hold off at least until she's really walking.
Puffs!  She digs them, for sure.
Last week, Millie learned about the sun and moon and stars...this is an interesting interpretation.
This is one of my favorites, and she really likes it too.  I said "oh, how cool, it's the sun and moon and stars", and she said "yeah! and clouds!!".
For documentation sake - this is Millie's school lunch almost every Monday and Thursday this year.  She really likes her turkey lunchmeat rolled up and she calls them "turkey tacos".  Other items: cheese stick, celery, orange bell peppers, cucumbers, Kashi crackers, grapes, whole milk (which she doesn't drink at school but is sent because it is a requirement), and water.  Most of the time, she eats almost all of it...sometimes, she leaves the cheese stick or turkey, but never the veggies or grapes.
Time for a Millie flashback!  Remember when Millie would pat her belly when she was around 9 mos old?  Like this...

Syd's been doing it too, and it makes me smile every time :)  This is a short video I posted on Instagram, so I'll just go ahead and upload it to the blog:


Here are other recent videos that I have posted to YouTube:
1) Since I brought up Millie flashbacks, I need to share this video JKK found on his phone recently.  Millie is 18 mos old here and not really talking much yet.  When he sent this to me the other day, I watched it like five times in a row.  I can't believe this was Millie in February 2013.  Crazy how much difference a year makes.  Ohhhh, isn't she sweet?? sweet baby millie

2) Then fast forward to Millie these days...hahaha, we crack up when she says "whatchu want?!" millie's flower cake

3) Nighttime naked time horsey rides: syd rides millie

4) More of Millie's amazing vocals with an Arkansas accent: millie sings thumbkin

No comments:

Post a Comment