Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Currently

Auntie Midge sent us this awesome potty-themed book, and it's pretty hilarious.  However, about 24 hours after this pic was taken, I threw in the towel (which was no fault of the book).  I just couldn't do it anymore.  Mills was becoming increasingly defiant and started wetting her pants again.  I thought we had that one down!  Ugh.  The last straw was when she purposely peed on Syd's chair; when I asked her why, she said "cuz I wanted to".  It has been a much needed break from potty training, and since I made the decision, it has been so lovely around the house.  No more tension or grumpy mommy.  I guess we'll wait a month or two and try again this Summer.  
Big news: Syd's finally decided to give the sippy cup a shot!  She likes the straw ones, but I have yet to find a leak proof one.  Frustrating, but I feel better that she's starting to drink some water.
We've really enjoyed the new swing set this week!  It has a little play house area on the bottom with three little seats.
It's been fun to take Mills out on her own when Syd is napping.
It's finally been warm enough to show off these beautiful legs ;)  
sharing puffs
Mills showing me how tall she is...
Mills is so sweet with Syd, most of the time.  I can tell she's going to be an encouraging big sister.
chillin' in the wagon
chillin' in the swing...she'll happily sit in the swing the entire time we are all the neighborhood playground
happy when she is allowed to be bossy...here she's forcing me to slide with her ;)
I used to only make pancakes on the weekends.  However, Mills has been requesting these sprinkle pancakes every day lately.  They are delicious whole wheat pancakes and I add sprinkles: recipe here
She doesn't even need syrup or honey on them.  I consider it a win....
...especially since Syd loves them too!
bull-riding
not quite 8 seconds
I almost gave up on my plans to do the color run in Tulsa yesterday.  However, after a long week of working with Syd on bottle feeding, I was able to leave for a whole 8 hours!  It was glorious.  And fun.  I ran with a group of neighborhood girls.  So glad I went!
Plus, it was fun to prepare for the run...we had a couple of meetings to get together and make our tutus and matching outfits (and consume wine).
We did it!
The girls didn't even know I was gone...


No comments:

Post a Comment