Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

16 Months Old

Pid Pid is 16 months old!  
Books, books, books...this is her absolute favorite thing to do right now.  I was so worried when she turned a year old because we hardly read with her at all.  It just never became a habit, but I'm proud to say we have turned that around completely.  She brings us books a dozen times a day to sit down and read to her; she loves to sit in our lap or her little rocking chair and listen to us.  We also now read before nap time and bedtime.  She loves the Llama Llama books, Chomp!, Goodnight Gorilla, Goodnight Moon, Peek-a-who, Elmo books, touch-and-feel books, and especially open-the-flap books.
Playing out back is another of her favorite things to do.  She loves to swing, and recently, she's started riding this glider!  I'm shocked by how much she can do on her own.  She even goes up the ladder to slide all on her own.  Here's some Video of Millie giving her a little push.  Yikes.  Good thing she's tough.
I think she looks so grown up here.  She's really good at naming some body parts now: nose, eyes, mouth, teeth, hair, eyes.
And this is so her.  She laughs out loud about everything.  Even when it doesn't make sense. ;)  She's the happiest lil kiddo, and she definitely lightens the mood around here.  Here, I'm sure she's talking to her duck friends down by the pond.  We feed them almost every day, and both girls love it...mostly because they eat the bread they are supposed to throw.
Little Gym time!  She's so coordinated and fearless.  I'm more than impressed.
Sweetest face you ever did see <3  She finally got her other top tooth (left central incisor) this past week.
Not only is her hair a different color than Millie's, but it is also a different texture.  It is really wavy!  
See?!  Happy happy happy.  She entertains herself for hours every day.  She's the best.
Dressed for school.  She's been doing so great with drop off the past week.  No tears the past two times I've dropped her off, which is a huge deal.  Strangely, she cries when I pick her up, but I think it is just because she's so relieved I came back. ;)
Shape sorters are all the rage right now...she even gets it right sometimes.  She's also loves practicing her animal sounds: cow, monkey, kitty, sometimes a duck.  She refuses to attempt a puppy dog though.  She's talking all the time, but we can't understand most of what she says.  She seems to enjoy talking to us though, and she's an active storyteller.
Syd's current likes:
playing with Millie (they play great together!), feeding the ducks, feeding herself (food is probably her favorite thing in the whole wide world), swinging and sliding, listening to music and singing (she attempts to sing along with me...she loves that song "It Isn't Any Trouble Just to S-M-I-L-E"), Little Gym, playing chase, any type of fruit, pushing baby dolls in the stroller (or Millie), pretending to feed or love on her baby dolls, walking up and down stairs, going to sleep (you ask if she wants to go night night and she heads for the stairs), snacks, Yo Gabba Gabba, climbing and exploring, cucumbers, turkey hot dogs, dancing, eating things off the floor, any sort of outing where she gets to see the outside world, the Itsy Bitsy Spider song.
Best hugger, hands down.  She somehow molds her body to yours and puts her arms around your neck.  It's the best feeling ever.  She also likes to kiss with her tongue out, especially the pets.
she's quite the climber
Best Friends.  I'm not just imagining it...they really love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment