We always drop Syd off first, then Mills enjoys showing me what they've been working on in class
lately, they've been busy learning their last names
snowman cookie pops for her party...this age group really loves stuff like this
Today was also Millie's very first Christmas Concert. She's been practicing her songs around the house the past few weeks. The kids did pretty good, especially considering there was a bit of a delay to get the thing started. It was really fun to watch and Mills didn't seem embarrassed at all! Video: Away in the Manger & more Video: Jingle BellsBefore it even started, we could tell Millie was tired. She was yawning and looking close to throwing the towel in. No doubt because she woke up at 5am this morning...which isn't normal. There's a bit of a story there though...nothing dramatic, just that our house is currently under construction. The rock on the front of our house has been leaking into the dining room and garage. We are having it fixed, and since Millie's room is above the dining room, we've had to move her bed into Syd's room. Sleeping in the same room has been going really well, and they seem to love each other's company. It's pretty sweet to hear them giggling on the monitor in the mornings. But. There are always random days where one wakes up wayyyy too early and wakes the other one up too (one morning, Millie surprised Syd by turning on the light...gah! can you even imagine?!). Which is what happened this morning and they both were extremely grumpy going to school this morning.
yes, Millie is still in a crib and we plan to keep her there until she's 10
Since moving her into Syd's room, she won't nap in her bed anymore. Most days, I can get her to nap in our bed though. She sleeps in the craziest positions. I just want to smooch all over her when she's this peaceful.
It's felt very Christmas-y around here with all of the decor and tree up. Syd runs in every morning to turn on the Christmas tree lights.
Our tree is looking a little sad this year. No ornaments on the bottom half and some of the lights won't light up anymore....and possibly a few more holes than it used to have. It still makes me happy to see it though.Finally got back out the felt tree I made 2 years ago...it's going much better this time ;)
Our annual handprint art came out pretty cute...Millie was excited that hers looked like Chippy
Syd's Santa
And just because we were in the swing of things and Millie spotted the pink paint...
The school always does cute handprint art with the babies also. Syd made two ornaments and one Santa sack this year at MDO.
She also made this magnet
She loves to get it down and hold it. I think she's proud of it.
We are always blessed to have some nice weather days sprinkled into our winter. It really helps us all to get outside for a bit.
I see the resemblance! <3
Some days it just doesn't work out though. On this day, we bundled up and drove to the park, only to freeze our bottoms off. So we hopped back into the car for a trip to starbucks to warm up. This is Syd's very first cake pop. A true milestone. She grinned at it for quite awhile before chomping into it. I love this picture.Another milestone: this is Syd's last "Birds" class at The Little Gym. After Christmas break, she will move up into the "Beasts" class. Just like her big sister, she is absolutely loving her gym time. So thankful I can do this with them.
I'm still terrible at getting a clear picture, even with the good camera. I have lots to learn. Maybe 2015 will be the year...
I so badly want to get a pic of Syd's beautiful chompers ;)
And finally...Millie gets to see Cayden this weekend! They are home for the holidays, and we are lucky enough to snag them for a whole weekend! We are going to the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City. It has an indoor water park, so it will be entertainment right on the premises. I'm really looking forward to spending time with them and seeing M & C play. Millie can't wait to swim with Cayden. I took a little video of her talking about it...and it's adorable because she's using her sweet voice. Video: Mills can't wait to swim with Cayden









No comments:
Post a Comment