Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hello Fall!

Last weekend was our last camping trip of the year.  Couldn't have planned a better weekend for it.  The weather cooled off a bit and we had a lovely time!
We discovered snapchat recently.  We can do this for hours...


Books in the bunk beds
This place we camped in Hot Springs was great!  Lots of room to scooter around, easy hiking, heated outdoor pool for the girls, and they even sell wine.  Holla!
Plus, it was close enough to drive into town and enjoy some Rolando's.  Not once...but twice. ;)
The outdoor patio conveniently has a stage for the girls to show off.
We love having an RV.  It has been amazing family time, and now the girls are so used to their beds in it...no problems napping or going to bed at night.
Mills practiced her skills - soldier, soldier down and back.
Syd did her usual and watched from the side.  She did get in a few times to show us starfish.  She's so talkative around us, but when others are around, she clams up.  There was a little boy in the pool that kept trying to play with her and she stayed silent.  Finally he turned to me and asked me why she wouldn't play with him. ;)  I have no idea, man...just a phase, I assume.
When we got home, we drove straight to pick up Millie Bear's glasses.  Cute cute!
Tuesday was donuts with grandparents before preschool.  Nana made a quick trip to eat a donut with Piddy.  In typical Piddy fashion, she remained silent and stared at her donut for the first 20 minutes.
More park time with the boys.  I'm amazed how well these two play together.  They make each other laugh so hard.  Look at Cayden touching her face when she's being silly. <3
The girls first sewing lesson.  Seriously thankful Nana moved here so I don't have to learn how to sew now. ;)  Just kidding.  I do want to learn, but she saved my booty on Mills halloween costume!
Interesting, Syd.  Four eyes.  Is this artwork you made for Millie? ;)
Syd's little handprint.  Grandparents, take note of the new rules.
baaaaaa
Ethyn turned 16 last week!!  Boy howdy, how is that possible?!  Love him so...
Fridays with Syd routine: drop Mills off, go to white gym, stop by walmart to pick out a lunchable, Little Gym with Tate and friends, home to watch Super Why and eat the lunchable.  I know lunchables are gross and not healthy, but now it has become a routine that she loves.  It's Friday.  Do I really care?  And Millie gets pizza at school every Friday, so Syd deserves something special, right?! She barely makes it 20 minutes before asking for her nap.
Last week was spirit week at Millie's school, which equals a bunch of nonsense dress-up days that parents despise.  I conveniently forgot about it until Friday, when it was come 'dressed as your favorite book character' day.  Therefore, Millie is dressed as Fancy Nancy here (and Syd is just posing).  I could've tried harder.  Next year, Mills...sorry.  She was happy with it though.
Library books are so fun!
Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment