Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Birthday Wishes

Somebunny turns FOUR next week!  We talk a lot about who is coming to her party and what she wants for her bday and what type of cake I will make her.  She's very excited!   We looked at her photo book from her first birthday, and she says she wants that cake again.  As far as presents goes...she wants a castrator.  You heard me right.  We saw a cash register in a toy store months ago, and that's all she's been asking the birthday fairy to bring her.  Except she pronounces it "castrator".  She's the best.
On this day, she refused to leave school with me until she felt good and ready to be done with her play-doh project.  Then we got in the car and I kept smelly something funky.  I kept asking her if she had any poop in her pants.  She kept saying no.  Finally, we got to Millie's school and I checked her pants and nothing.  Then I started sniffing around her and found the culprit: her hand.  *gasp*  I say: "Piddy, why is your hand so stinky?!  Have you been touching your bottom?"  She says in an exasperated voice: "with just this one finger mooooommmmm!"  And she shows me the finger.  Wet wipes didn't feel like enough that day.  
This week was her spring concert at school!  If you remember, she had the time of her life at her fall concert, so I couldn't wait to see her in action this time!  Unfortunately, she wasn't feeling it.  She stood still and barely sang and didn't do any of the hand movements.  It was such a cute superheroes themed show too.  Gah...Piddy...
She didn't perk up until the focus was off of her class and she could get back to having fun with her bestie Addyson.  This pic is hysterical.
Mrs. Kim says they do this all day long ;)
after-show cuddles
Mrs. Kim gave Syd the award for "friendliness" during the program.  However, her certificate says "flexibility", and Mrs. Kim even explained to me how flexible Syd is in the classroom.  How she goes with the flow and never complains.  So I guess we'll just say she's both. 
On Mondays and Fridays, Syd and I have been taking a long bike ride.  It's been so fun!  She's an amazing little tagalong...never complains, unless she's hot.  
She even gets comfy for naps!
Every year, the 3's class buys a batch of caterpillars, watches them turn into chrysalises, then eventually turn into butterflies.  It blows their little minds.  I remember Millie loving this project, and Syd has been just as enthralled.
After school pick-up, Syd had to get this out of her folder to show me.  She made it just for me.
 Me: Syd what's this shape?  Syd: an oval!  At least she's learned a lot this year.
Those 3 year olds love when they get to use glue.  It's so funny hearing her tell all about the catastrophes that went on each day at school.  Henry ate someone else's food!  Edward didn't mind Mrs. Kim!  Jackie ran off from my class and wasn't a good caboose!  I can't imagine wrangling 12 of them.  Hats off to teachers everywhere!
Nine days until she's four.  I can't believe it.  Yet, I'm so excited for her.  I love birthdays!
This crazy girl has been so good lately.  It's like she can feel how on edge Syd has been (dropping her nap has been so hard on all of us), so Mills has stepped up.  She's silly and laughing all the time.  She loves school and her friends and playing outside.  She's pretty easy to please these days.  She's DYING for some roller skates on her birthday!
Lots of hula hooping going on...and jump roping, cartwheeling, hand-standing, hopscotching...she's always active.
Reading is finally starting to click!  She's been doing great with her beginner set of books.  It's fun to watch her try and read signs and words she spots while we are out and about.  I remember once when Ethyn was 6 or 7 years old, I was driving him somewhere and he got in the car and was reading the warning label on the sun visor.  He said he couldn't help it, now that he was able to read, he couldn't stop reading everything!
The after-school crew
Spirit day at school
First camping trip of the year was a wash.  Literally.  It got rained out.  We had planned to go to Silver Dollar City, but there was too much rain and we had to come home after just one night.  We still had a little fun though...
Daddy was out of town this weekend, so us girls had fun around town.  We went to the farmers market and a Trike Theater play about a picnic.  We had lunch outdoors on a patio and went to an awesome birthday party.
We even visited the touch-a-truck exhibit at the mall and Millie decided she wants a blue race car when she turns 16.  She loves blue cars...always pointing them out.
Lots of life lessons happening in our back yard lately.  We've been watching a robin build a nest on our sunroom, lay some eggs, eggs hatch, babies grow and eat worms and poop everywhere.  Then all of a sudden, this afternoon they've flown the coup!  We can't find them anywhere.  Hope they made it.  And the geese in the pond have lots of babies too!  Millie keeps saying she wants a baby too.   I wish I could give her that...ain't happening though.  I'm excited my baby is turning 4!  No more diapers, no more naps...



No comments:

Post a Comment