Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Sunday, February 24, 2013

27 Weeks, A Date Night, & more Tums please

27 weeks today; only one more week until I'm officially in the third trimester.  Feeling large and in charge...thank goodness these pics are taken from the side.
Last night, JKK & I went on a date!  We used a website called care.com to find a local babysitter.  It is a really great website where you post a babysitting, nanny, petsitting, or housesitting job and applicants can apply for your specific job.  They have reviews, background checks, & standard info readily available so that you have a pretty good idea about them before you even talk to them.  The girl we used last night was fabulous!  She is a senior at the U of A, and unfortunately, she is graduating in May and probably moving out of state.   However, it is so great to know that we now have a resource for babysitters that we can (mostly) trust.  Anyhoo...back to last night: The babysitter came a little early to let Millie get used to her again (she came once before to introduce herself in person), and Millie was really enjoying showing off for her.  I had to dust off the old maternity work clothes and away we went to a fancy dinner at Ruth's Chris.  It was so sad for us to leave Millie upset, but not even 10 minutes after arriving at the restaurant, we got a text saying she was already asleep!  Success!  That certainly put our minds at ease and allowed us to enjoy our decadent dinner...and wow, it was delicious.  I told JKK on the way home that I felt like such an adult having to hire a babysitter.  ;)
As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm still feeling pretty good...just tired.  Sydney is kicking and poking and jabbing more and more every day.  Aaaaaaannnd, I'm finally to the "Tums Stage".  This came right about now during my last pregnancy also.  Tums have become part of the daily diet.  Blerg.  Could be worse, I know. ;)

27 weeks down, 12 weeks to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment