Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Thursday, February 14, 2013

I Win!

I have the best valentine ever...swoon...JKK.  Let me count the ways I love thee...
1)  He is the best daddy in the world.  He takes her for walks when she's begging to go, even when it's too cold for mommy.  He lets her crawl all over him and bounce up and down on him, even when it looks slightly painful.  He's so happy to see her when he comes home at lunch and after work at night, and it is clear the feeling is mutual.  He reads to her and puts her to bed every single night.  It's so evident how much he loves her; it melts my heart.

2)  He is such a thoughtful hubby to me.  He gets gas in the car, so I don't have to get out in the cold and/or listen to Millie whine when the car stops.  When I was leaving for Wisconsin super early two weekends ago, he switched the cars out in the garage so that I didn't have to wait for the car to warm up.  He completes and marks items off of my never-ending to-do lists on the weekends.  He gets me presents for holidays that we've already agreed not to get presents for.

3)  He's a badass breadwinner.  I'm grateful on a daily basis for the life we are able to live and the opportunities we have because of JKK.  I don't tell him this enough.  I know how lucky I am to have the opportunity to stay home with our little girl(s).  He has drive and ambition, and I admire and respect him.

4)  He has tons of energy and needs very little sleep.  It's amazing and inspiring.

5)  I'm seriously in awe of his patience with this toddler stage (especially since I don't have much).  He's so good with her when she's melting down; I'm so thankful there is one of us in the house that can keep their cool.  If it wasn't for him, Millie's teeth would never get brushed.
6)  He's tall, thin, and handsome.  Yay for passing down his genes to our girls!!  And maybe Sydney will get that pretty blue eye color of his...

7)  He loves to celebrate.  Oh man, I REALLY love this about him.  Promotions, crazy calendar dates, anniversaries, birthdays, sporting events, national whatever day...he's always up for a mini-celebration.  I'm not even doing this justice by explaining it right.  I can't count how many times I've mentioned something and he's said "well, we have to celebrate".  And it makes me smile just thinking about it.

8)  He's adventurous but doesn't have much opportunity to use it.  This old ball and chain has really put a damper on his ability to travel and see the world, which he so badly wants to do.  I hope some day he'll get to do and see more of those things on his list.

9)  He's intelligent.  He doesn't have to count on his fingers to figure out the time two time-zones away from here.  He can estimate how long it will take him to complete a task he's already halfway through.  He can figure a tip at a restaurant in 2 seconds flat.  Just kidding...these examples are all my own problems.  But seriously, he's very smart and it's sort of impressive.

10)  He's handy.  He can put anything together and fix almost anything in the house.  It has saved us a lot of money and time over the years.  This guy knows his tools.

11)  He's involved:  always present at my pregnancy dr. appts and at Millie's various appts.  He's also very involved in how to take care of/feed our little beast.  When I left for the weekend to go to Wisconsin, I didn't even have to leave instructions...that's how much he knows what's going on with her.  I don't mean for that to sound insulting...it's just that he works full-time and I am in charge of doing most things with her between 6am and 6pm.  So it's pretty great that he pays attention and helps out so much at home (especially on the weekends) when he's putting in a full day at work too.

12)  He has good taste and manners.  I value his opinion and feel like I've learned so much from him over these past 10 years.

I am one lucky girl...Happy Valentines Day to my love, JKK.  smooch

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is #7. I absolutely agree with him. :) This was great! You guys seem like such a fun couple!

    ReplyDelete