Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Big Week

Last Thursday was Millie's Valentine party at school.  I was more excited than she was...I used to love holiday parties at school.  Sadly, this picture doesn't do justice to her very flashy outfit for V-day.  Her top has a super sparkly heart made of pink and black rhinestones and her shoes are hot pink glitter.  Cutest valentine I've ever seen.
Oh my, she ADORES Ms. Erika...Mills always runs straight to her to be picked up.
Millie received the cutest and most creative valentines!  Here are a few...
goldfish cracker valentine
hot wheels valentine
new shirt for her new status ;)
I think she had fun at school that day...they each got to decorate their own cookie.  Cookies are probably her favorite thing in the world right now; they make good bribes to get her in the car seat.
Friday, I drove to Tulsa to spend the day with my dad for his birthday.  It was absolutely lovely.  Just he and I enjoying the day together.  We went to lunch and then since we both love to read, we spent some time at the used book store.  Unfortunately, I took no pics to commemorate this day...how very unlike me.  Happy Birthday, dad...love you!

Then on my way home, I picked up my mom from the airport in Tulsa.  She came to visit us for the long weekend, and we are very grateful. :)  Millie certainly remembered who Nana is from previous visits and from FaceTime.  It took no time for her to attach herself to "NeeNee", which is her way of pronouncing Nana.  I am so happy that this visit didn't coincide with anything else we had going on.  Poor Nana got to be in the mix of a very emotional week when she came for Christmas while we were taking Millie's bink away and packing up Buddy to move to Colorado with her.  I was in no state of mind to properly enjoy my mom time.  I'm happy to report that it was completely different this time and even though she just left a few hours ago, we're already missing her terribly.

Nana introduced Millie to blankets.  This sounds sort of silly, but Mills doesn't sleep with a blanket and hasn't spent much time snuggling with us in our bed (even though we try, she just wants down).  Anyhoo, Mills loves it!  She likes being wrapped up and tucked in, she likes putting them on the floor and laying down with her baby dolls, she even likes wearing them like a cape.  It's basically a new, amazing toy!

While the girls were playing, JKK was busy making progress on Sydney's nursery: crib & bookcase...check!
Mills & Nana spent a lot of time coloring together this weekend
And Sunday, it was warm enough to go to the park!
 wheeeee
Sunday, mom and I also got to go to lunch by ourselves to celebrate her half birthday!  Telling mom/Nana goodbye today was hard, but I love seeing how her and Millie are bonding.  Come back soon NeeNee (we'll work on that pronunciation)!



No comments:

Post a Comment