Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bubbles Are...Scary?

Last week, I was grocery shopping with Mills and she spotted a bottle of Elmo bubble bath.  She didn't know it was bubble bath, she just liked that Elmo was involved.  I put it in the cart thinking "hmmm, that could be fun for her".  That night, we filled up the tub and bubbles were everywhere.  I plopped Mills down in the tub and she flipped out...she was actually shaking.  I immediately picked her back up thinking the water was too hot, but nooooo, it was the bubbles.  She was scared.  Whuuutttt?!  No amount of coaxing would get her back in that tub.  I stripped down and got in myself, and she still hated every minute of it.  The next couple of baths have been an issue because she's scared there is going to be bubbles in there.  We've had to talk a lot about how bubbles aren't scary.  Still though, at random times, she says "bubbles scary" or "bubbles in bath".  I can't believe how long the fear is lingering, but we just keep telling her that bubbles are fun and not scary.  And we keep promising that there won't be any more bubbles in her bath. ;)  At least not anytime soon...
sometimes on school days we have to multitask with breakfast in the bathtub...is that gross??

No comments:

Post a Comment