Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Friday, April 19, 2013

Just Shy of 35 Weeks

Sydney arrives 4 weeks from today!  I'm getting very excited knowing the big birthday is almost here.  Also very anxious and nervous knowing how much is going to change, but excitement is definitely the main emotion.  I'm also excited to get my body back....sort of. ;)
There isn't much to report on the pregnancy...things have been going extremely well.  My doctor appointments are pretty uneventful since I'll be having a c-section.  Her heartbeat is always strong and my blood pressure and weight have been fine.  Thankfully the weight gain has slowed considerably, although that's probably only because I get heartburn all the time and there isn't much room in my stomach to put away too much at once.  One item of good news is that we were able to move our surgery slot from noon to 7:30am on the 17th.  This has been a source of anxiety for me because I wasn't sure how to work it with Millie that day. Of course I want her there, but I didn't want her to be having a major meltdown the first time she met Syd because she didn't get a nap that day.  So this works out perfectly...she'll get to meet Sydney and still be home in time for lunch and nap.
There are plenty of other things I worry about when it comes to Millie going through this big adjustment.  I know every older sibling has gone through it, and I know it all turns out fine.  But I also know that doesn't change how it will be hard on her...I feel sad that she's a little too young to grasp what is about to happen.  I won't be able to explain to her why I can't pick her up for awhile or why she has to be quiet or why she has to wait on me to finish feeding Sydney.  It's going to be a big adjustment for all of us.
On the other hand, I feel so calm going into this knowing how much we will love Sydney.  The first time, we had no idea what sort of emotions we would be feeling...but it is so awesome to know that the amount of love we feel for our one child is about to be doubled.  We are so lucky to get to experience this twice.  And if Syd just happens to love the car seat, then we'll feel like we won the lottery. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment