Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Monday, August 15, 2011

Another Week Bites the Dust

Camilla has been so fun this past week!  She decided to give me the best birthday present ever last Sunday and smiled at me for the first time.  She's been smiling since birth...in her sleep.  (Oh what dreams she must have; she can go from all smiles to the saddest face on Earth in seconds while sleeping.)  But this was the first time she smiled in response to my face and voice.  I loved it!  And since then, she has been doing it fairly often if I smile and talk to her in funny voices.  It's just adorable.  She's generally in a really good mood in the mornings.



Also new this last week:  Millie shed her first real tears last Thursday.  I was in the car with her driving to Target, apparently not fast enough.  By the time I got stopped and got her out of the car seat, she was inconsolable and had real tears on her lashes.  So sad...

Millie has been pretty vocal these past few days.  The books says she should be starting to coo and make some sounds...and she is!  I walked in on her and John having a whole conversation yesterday while changing her diaper.  Love it!  I'll try to get some video of it soon.

We've been trying out some new pajamas here lately.  I would really love these if they didn't have a gazillion snaps.  I need to go get some pjs from The Children's Place; their sleepers have zippers instead of snaps = genius!  However annoying the snaps are, Milla's still super snuggly in these pj's:


Bath Time!  I really think she loves her bath.  She's always so good for it and seems to enjoy it.  Don't let the serious stare fool you.  :)

 Look at those rolls...

 Post-bath...so fresh and so clean clean

Last Friday night, we hosted a stock-the-bar wedding shower for some friends.  A good time was had by all, including Milla.  Most of the time I had her strapped to my chest in the Ergo carrier.  I've figured out that I can get a lot more done around the house with the use of that carrier.  She usually goes right to sleep in it.

Here's the happy couple, Chris & Rachel:  to-be-wed 9/10/11

This is Millie's future yoga teacher, Teri:

 JKK gave her a bottle during the party:

Here's Millie's party outfit, which is my current favorite.  It is the cutest little romper with bunnies on it.  Yes, bunnies...I love bunnies almost as much as I love kitties.

In the Ergo carrier:  here is my view most of the day...not bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment