Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Friday, August 5, 2011

Lazy Days & Crazy Nights

I believe John would tell you this title is in reference to some 80's hair band song, but in my reality, this is what Milla has been living this week.  Somehow, she's gotten her days and nights mixed up.  She sleeps great during the day and wants to stay awake during the wee hours.  Sigh...

We went to the pediatrician on Wednesday for her 4-week checkup.  Camilla now weighs 8 lbs, 15 oz!  Whoa, Nelly!  Check out the pic below, in all her glory.  After cutting out dairy the past two weeks, we had her poop tested again for the milk protein sensitivity.  This time there were only trace amounts, which is good news (sort of)!  This means that my cutting out the main dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, butter & ice cream) is working, and as long as she isn't continuing to have diarrhea, I don't have to start reading labels and cutting out foods that contain whey and casein.  Therefore, I'll continue to refrain from those main dairy products for the next 5 months, and then we can start re-introducing those foods and see what happens.
Now that she has grown considerably, I can start using her 0-3 months size clothes.  After almost 4 weeks of the same Faded Glory newborn onesies, I'm pretty excited to get to use her "cute clothes".  Here are two cute onesies that she rocked this week:


Big weekend for us coming up: Millie's one-month birthday & my 32nd birthday!  After ten months of sobriety, my birthday wish is to have a glass of deliciously chilled white wine.  It's been so raging hot outside, it just sounds good.  Thus, the pumping begins.  Yesterday was the first day I tried pumping to start building up a supply of breastmilk.  Last night, we went ahead and had John give her a bottle of breastmilk to see if she would eat from a bottle.  Success!  Millie had no problem and JKK finally got to be involved in the feeding process.  Isn't this a special pic??
Have a good weekend!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment