Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thank You, Mom

Today is my mother's birthday.  Now that I am a mother to my own little girl, I would like to say thank you to my mom.  Here's a small list of things I can currently think of, but I know over the next months and years that I will think of a thousand more to thank her for...

- Thank you for teaching me how to bake.  It is something I still love to do today, and I especially love doing it with you during the holidays.  I'm looking forward to continuing this tradition with Camilla someday.

- Thank you for setting a good example of hospitality.  Growing up, our friends were always welcome at our house and you made sure we were all fed and entertained.  As an adult, you can throw a mean party and make sure everyone enjoys themselves.  I know that we are always welcome to come visit and stay with you, and you will never let it show if you feel put out.

- Thank you for doing all the legwork on perfecting that margarita recipe.

- Thank you for letting me sit on your lap and cry, no matter how big or what age.

- Thank you for taking me to the zoo a hundred million times.  Thank you for letting Sassy have kittens.  Thank you for allowing me to take in stray animals, even though you knew you'd be taking care of them.  You've helped foster my love for animals, and I feel like it gave me some good practice for becoming a mother.

- Thank you for letting me play hooky from school every once in awhile. 

- Thank you for teaching me how to do cartwheels and round-offs in the big room.

- Thank you for introducing me to Raffi.  I can tell that Millie already loves Baby Beluga.

- Thank you for sewing me some pretty awesome clothes as a kid...and for hemming my pants different lengths as an adult.  I'm looking forward to you teaching both Millie and me how to sew at some point in the future.  Millie already loves the quilt you made her...

- Thank you for making me drink milk with dinner every night.  It probably contributed to me being taller than you by the seventh grade. ;)

- Thank you for teaching me manners. I may not always choose to use them, but at least I know them and will understand what to teach my own kids.

- Thank you for being an example of a wonderful mother.  I hope to follow in your footsteps.

I love you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment