Mills & Syd

Mills & Syd

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Currently

Millie has finally started showing some interest in stuffed animals.  I kept a few of my care bears from when I was little (so I guess they are about 30 years old!).
Blueberries are out of season, so I can't always find fresh ones at the store...but when I do see some, I get them for Mills because she adores them.  She has been known to eat an entire carton in one sitting.  And her face is pure glee... 
 Buddy's airplane ears
Our little vandal: Mills found a piece of chalk at the playground and I let her deface some of the playground property.  Meh, it'll wash off in the rain...
Back to Mother's Day Out this week (off for Thanksgiving last week); even being away for just one week makes a difference.  She cried when I left her this time. :(
I had to take her to get a flu shot this week, so we stopped at McDonald's for a treat on the way home.  Mills loves the hash browns and orange juice!
She's getting increasingly more violent with the pets...tackling, kicking, hitting.  We are constantly saying "be easy!" and "gentle", but it doesn't do much good.  So usually, we just have to kick the pets out of the room for their own safety.
On that note, I'm sad to report that Buddy Love will be moving to Denver to live with my mom after Christmas.  I've thought about it for months, and I've even spoken to his vet here and his new vet in Denver about the move.  Everyone involved seems to think it is the best thing for him.  My 15 year old companion (who even pre-dates JKK) has been going downhill since Millie has come into our lives.  He is used to being numero uno, and he hasn't dealt with the new lifestyle very well.  Early this year, he started living in the garage full-time and goes through periods where he doesn't want to come in the house at all.  He's had some depression and I feel so guilty that he feels neglected, but I don't see anything that could change...in fact, it will just get worse when baby #2 comes.  So I truly believe that this is in his best interest.  He loves my mom and will really enjoy being back in the house full-time...and being the center of attention again.  He deserves the attention, and even though it makes me so sad to think about letting him go, I would rather it be this way than him wasting away in our garage feeling sorry for himself.  I do tear up quite a bit thinking about it though; I know it is going to be hard.  And poor Mills will be so sad to see her kitty go.

Okay, phew, moving on...this weekend, we put up the Christmas tree and started in on the holiday crafts.  Last year, I made 2 sweet little handprint and footprint crafts with Millie; it was so fun and cute that I want to make it a tradition.  Here's this years...I only did a handprint:
I frame them to make them into Christmas decorations.  Not sure where to put them yet, but here are all three:
And even though I know Mills is too young to understand who he is, Jasper the elf-on-the-shelf decided to join our family this year.
Getting into the holiday spirit around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment